Recycling is generally an easy process, once you get into the habit of actually doing it day in and day out. But if you don’t know where to start or your workplace doesn’t have any recycling bins laying around, you might feel like you’re at a disadvantage. There’s no reason to feel totally helpless about recycling because your company doesn’t have a recycling program in place, and it’s really east to get started.
- Talk to the property manager of the building your business is in, if there is one. They may have the power to provide recycling services to your business. If you don’t have a property manager, talk to your neighbouring businesses about what kind of recycling programs they have in place. If you’re in a business park, it may be easier to get started than as a small business on your own.
- Consider what materials your business uses the most, and what would benefit the most from a recycling program. What comprises the majority of the waste in your office? Paper, cardboard, pop cans, newspapers or magazines? All of this can be recycled.
- Contact recycling companies in your area. There are a number of recycling companies in Canada that provide free estimates of how much it will cost to have your recyclables picked up.
- Spread the word. Communication is one of the most important parts of setting up a recycling program at work or at your small business. Not only to create awareness of your efforts, but to congratulate your team as well. Try converting amounts of recycled materials into tangible resources and spreading the word, for example, every 100,000 sheets of paper recycled is one large tree saved.
- Lastly, you’ll need to supply recycling bins. There are a wide variety of recycling bin types available including green bins, indoor recycling bins, outdoor recycling centers with optional materials labels and roll out recycling carts. Reusable recycling bags are also a more compact and attractive alternative to bulky bins.
Looking for a truly “green” way to recycle and help the environment? If so, contact ICEGREEN today. We can help.
Ice Green is one of the largest manufacturers of lead free and contaminant-free reusable bags, custom reusable bags and recycling bins in North America, serving a wide variety of businesses and industries both small and large (Beverage Companies, Grocery Stores, Hotels, Pharmaceuticals and much more) across North America and globally. And, as the manufacturer, you’re dealing directly with us, saving you time and money. Looking for the best in reusable bags and recycling products? Contact ICEGREEN today.